How Kids Can Help Ken-Mar Rescue
Raise funds for dogs by doing your own fundraiser!
It’s easy to get started. Follow these simple steps.
- Pick a Fundraiser you want to plan – here for some great ideas.
- Decide the date, time, and location for your fundraiser
- Make flyers to promote the fundraiser.
Hand out the flyers in your neighborhood, local stores, at school, etc. Download sample flyer to use as a guide.
- Tell people you know that you are doing a fundraiser.
Tell family members, friends, neighbors, teachers, etc…
- Say "Thank You!" to those that helped you.
- If you are able to, send letters/emails to update people that donated to your cause or helped with the fundraiser to let them know how much money you earned and how much they helped you. Use this Thank-You Letter as a guide.
- Host a car wash or dog wash.
Ask your local gas station if you could host your car wash at their location or ask your local groomers if they would donate some dog shampoo.
- Start a dog walking service.
Ask your neighbors or friends if you can walk their dogs for a fee. This will help them if they are busy and will make their dog happy too!
- Have a lemonade stand.
Make your own lemonade to sell or ask a local market if they would donate lemonade to you for your fundraiser.
- Organize a dog food or blanket drive.
Ask teachers at your school if you could host a dog food or blanket drive at school. Put up flyers before the drive to let people know the dates that you will be collecting the dog food or blankets.
- Organize a sports event.
Pick your favorite sport such as a basketball or baseball game. Find sponsors to give a certain amount of money per point scored or base that was touched.
- Start Coins for Canines at your school or in your classroom.
Decorate canisters that will hold the coins. Talk to different classrooms at your school to explain what you’re doing and ask students to donate spare change. For more information and help with this fundraiser, please use our Contact Page to let us know your plans and we’ll contact you.
- Have a Bake Sale.
Ask friends and family to donate baked treats for humans and for your furry four legged friends too. Click here for fun recipes for dog treats. Remember, dogs can’t eat certain human foods like chocolate as it is poison to them. Make sure you have a recipe just for dogs!
- Have an Art Auction.
Make art pieces or ask local artist to donate items at a certain dollar amount per entry. Auction off the art pieces and donate the money to us.
- Organize a Read-a-thon.
Ask people you know to donate money for each page or each book of an animal related book you and your friends read.
- Throw a dance or a party to raise awareness and funds.
A local band may be able to perform for free or for a discount if they know the proceeds will go to benefit animals.
- Start a club.
Two minds are better than one!
- Talk to your friends and tell them your ideas and goals.
- If you want to start the club at your school, you may need to find a faculty advisor (maybe you know a teacher who likes animals).
- Find a place where your club can have meetings. Set a date and a time.
- Make flyers and spread the word.
- If you have accounts, Tweet or announce on Facebook your plans!
Make sure you check with your parents or teachers before you start a fundraiser. Remember to work with friends to be safe!
We can provide you with a letter verifying our non-profit status and material about Ken-Mar Rescue. For more information or help with this, please use the form on our Contact Page, and we’ll get back to you right away.